Presented by JOY Center of Learning
Math to fit your personal style
and unique students.
Overview of Study Time Math
Study Time Arithmetic is designed to...
- to allow children to learn and appreciate numbers and math concepts as they were ordered by the Creator and how they relate and apply to everyday life.
- Rather than story problems about a day at the circus or the batting average of professional baseball players, the material is based on unit themes such as “On the Farm,” “About the House,” and “In the Shop” at each grade level.
- Additional themes include nature topics, world continents, inventions and inventors, & Biblical topics.
- Grades 1 and 2 have no religious content.
- to be teacher/parent friendly. Lesson introduction takes minimum time.
- to be student friendly. New concepts are introduced gradually and reviewed constantly. Special features are included to intrigue, challenge, and motivate students to learn and discover on their own as much as possible. Focuses on practical applications and teaches metric and standard measurements.
- Study Time Arithmetic is a traditional, graded, textbook style, spiral review program.
- It is similar to Climbing to Good English in design, look, and approach.
- Grades 1 and 2 are Spunky Math by SchoolAid.
- Grades 1 through 5 have paperback student workbooks.
- Grades 6 through 8 have hardcover student textbooks
- Grades 1 through 3 Teacher Manuals are paperback.
- Grades 4 through 8 Teacher Manuals are hardcover